Terms and Conditions for Tenancy Application
I confirm the following:
- I, the Applicant acknowledge that this is an application to rent a property and that my application is subject to the Landlord’s approval.
- I, the Applicant consent to the information provided in this application bring verified and a reference check on Tenancy Information New Zealand (TINZ), National Tenancy Database (NTD), a credit check and a Police Clearance by New Zealand Police being undertaken.
- I, the Applicant consent that my personal details and an assessment regarding my fulfillment of tenants responsibilities may be added to an internet based website accessible by members (comprising of landlords) on a subscription basis. The assessment can only be used for the purpose of evaluating me for future tenancies. A tenants address details may be added to the site to assist other landlords in locating former tenants. Under the Privacy Act 1993 I have the right to see information held about me by any credit bureau or tenant database, and to correct it in accordance with the Privacy Act. If you wish to view any information we hold about you, send your request to Tenant Net, P.O.Box 12128 Rotorua; and NTD on (03) 9610 4996
- I, the Applicant agree that in the event of non-payment of rent or any other cost associated to the rental accommodation I rent such as cleaning and any repairs, to pay all collection and legal costs (calculated on a solicitor and own client basis) which may be incurred in recovering from you any overdue amount.
- I, the Applicant consent to drug tests being carried out at any rental property that I rent with Matthew & Co Real Estate Ltd. Drug testing will be done periodically, at least every year, by a nominated company from the landowner. All test results will be also be shared amongst all parties. Any positive results I agree that I will cover all costs associated with the positive test, this includes all testing, all cleaning and repairs that need to be done.
I, the Applicant apply for approval to rent the premises referred to in this form and acknowledge that my application will be referred to the Landlord of the property for his/her/their acceptance and if the application is approved, to prepare a Residential Tenancy Agreement for the premises.
I, the Applicant, declare that I am not a bankrupt or an undischarged bankrupt and that the information provided by me is true and correct.
I undertake to pay a letting fee equivalent to one week’s rent + G.S.T (within 24 hours of acceptance), a rental bond equivalent to four week’s rent, and two weeks rent in advance.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL PAYMENTS ARE TO BE MADE BEFORE THE KEYS CAN BE RELEASED.